This tutorial explains the procedure by which a reseller provides access to a user, only on a specific domain / subscription in the Plesk administration panel.
a VPS with Plesk control panel
access data with ADMIN privileges
Steps to fallow:
after successfully authenticating as an ADMIN user in the Plesk panel, the main domain on which you want to provide individual access will be added to the server.
later, the newly added domain will be found on the main page of the Plesk panel.
- to create an independent access only for the new domain access from the menu on the left side of the Plesk main page.
- in the page to be displayed is selected
- the fields in the following window will be filled in as follows:
In the "Contact name" field, fill in the name of the domain owner.
In the "Email address" field, fill in the email address of the domain owner firstname.lastname@example.org or an external email address by choosing the "Use an external email address" option.
In the "User role" field, select "Application User" .
The "Access to subscriptions" field determines the account that the new user will have access to. !!! ATTENTION only the domain of the client for which the access is created will be selected here.
The user with whom the login will be made in the new account is the e-mail address set to "Email address", it will be filled in and confirmed a password for it after which press "OK"
a confirmation message will be displayed after performing these operations.
a chart with all the users on the server will appear at the bottom of the page from where the newly created user will have to be selected.
- on the next page, from the button it will be possible to edit the privileges offered to the new user.
- after selecting / deselecting the desired privileges press the "Apply" button and then "OK"
The connection data that will be transmitted to the user are:
- domain form connection link: port example demo.hostico.ro:8443
- the login user that consists of the email address set when creating the account
- the password set when creating the account